Sunday, January 6, 2008

Images of the Sacred Valley of the Inca

Today was such an amazing day. I attempted to capture as much of the area as I could for everyone so you could experience this area as well. Traveling today, I could finally understand how the Andean people could worship the mountains. There is so much power eminating from them and it comes from every direction as you travel through the valley. We are leaving for Manchu Picchu at 5:30 a.m. so I do not have time to write tonight. I look forward to being able to share my experience with everyone very soon. For now, the pictures can tell the story.

7 comments:

Ali said...

Elisa - Your blog is fantastic. I am really enjoying reading about your adventures in Peru. You describe everything so richly, the reader feels like he or she is there with you! Great job!
~ Alexandra, Center for International Studies @ Kean

Unknown said...

Elisa - It's almost surreal. I feel like I'm there. Stay safe!

Janet G. said...

There goes that crazy gnome again!

Anonymous said...

Please look for a piece of potter for my friend Sara at work. Something 420 or less. Also, I passed on your blog to several people at work, so hopefully they will be commenting soon, too!

Anonymous said...

Woops! I mean pottery for $20 or less! Sorry! I guess I can't blame the elevation here in NJ on that one!!

Anonymous said...

Elisa
gracella and I are really enjoying YOUR trip!! You are so adorable in your excitment when describing your events and surrondings.
I think this trip is the first of many!

Anonymous said...

Hi Elisa!
I would like some coca leaves for the neighbors!