Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Pineapple Juice

I am sure many of my blog readers remember my fondness for Peruvian pineapple juice. What many of you may not know is that I acquired a juicer for Christmas. Whole Foods Market, our local organic food store, has been stocking perfectly ripened pineapples from Costa Rica for about three weeks now, so I finally gave in to my pineapple juice craving. I have to say, out of all the juices I have made so far, pineapple is the easiest and the most delicious. Unlike many other juices, you do not have to add anything to pineapple juice. You just need to cut off the top portion and the outside skin. I suggest cutting the inner portion of the pineapple into quarters and then halving the quarters. You do not need to remove the inner core, most juicers will separate this for you. The result is a perfectly sweetened pale yellow juice with a light frothy top layer. For best results, refrigerate the pineapple twenty-four hours before juicing and do not strain the froth. One pineapple makes approximately three 6 ounce glasses of juice.



Enjoy!!

No comments: